Veteran Benefits & Assistance
Originally founded in 1899 as the American Veterans of Foreign Service, the Veterans of Foreign Wars continues to be a voice for returning and currently deployed service members and their families. The Veterans of Foreign Wars is dedicated to supporting those who sacrifice so much for this country, veterans, service members in the US Armed Forces, and their families.
Throughout the State of Iowa and at the VA Regional Office in Des Moines, VFW Service Officers that are Accredited and Certified by the VA fight for the rights of our Nations veterans on a daily basis. These highly trained professionals, specializing in all programs administered by the VA stand ready and willing to provide whatever VA benefits assistance is required! These services are available at no cost to veterans or their dependents! Nor does one have to be a member of the VFW to receive our services.
From a simple request of a discharge document to a case with complicated issues that may require extensive medical and Court Cases research, we will exhaust all means to obtain a favorable decision. In the event a claim is denied we will represent the case through the appellate process to the Board of Veterans Appeals (VBA) and if not successful to the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC) if warranted.
How VFW Service Officers Advocate for You:
What We Will Do:
- During your interview, WE WILL review your information and inform you of what benefits you should claim as well as any other benefits that may be available
- WE ARE trained VA benefits experts who have access to VA computer systems in order to provide you with the information you need for your claim to succeed
- WE WILL submit your claim to VA in a timely manner to ensure that you receive the maximum benefit to which you are entitled
- WE WILL conduct a thorough review of your decision before VA sends it to you. The VFW has a 90% success rate in correcting errors, helping you avoid the lengthy appeals process
- If you are unsatisfied with the outcome of your claim, WE WILL help you appeal VA's decision
Please feel free to contact a VFW Representative. Our well-trained, VA Accredited VFW Representatives are ready to assist you with filing a claim for VA benefits, VA health care and all eligible VA benefits. Below are our VFW Representatives for the State of Iowa.
State Service Officer
Veterans of Foreign Wars
557 Federal Building
210 Walnut Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
Phone: (515) 323-7545
Fax: (515) 323-7405
VA Medical Centers
Des Moines, IA: (515) 699-5999 or 1(800) 294-8387
Iowa City, IA: 1(800) 346-1843 or 1(800) 637-0128
Omaha, NE: (402) 346-8800
Sioux Falls, SD: (605) 336-3230
VA Regional Office
Iowa Veterans Home
NO ONE DOES MORE FOR VETERANS!